Post 4


Welcome back to my blog!


  • To explore the ELA standards I chose the grade level of kindergarten. The standard I chose to go along with the kindergarten level is standard LAFS.K.W.2.6, which explores the digital world, using many helpful learning tools under the teacher's guidance. This standard is essential in introducing young students to the world of digital learning. I myself, being a digital native feel very prepared to implement this standard because I have full confidence in my technology-based skills. I am very familiar with most technologies and web-based activities and also comfortable enough with these skills to learn new technology. 
  • Using the educator tool kit provided by CPALMS, I explored science resources for the Kindergarten level. There are eight resources for students, which can be helpful for the children to have an extra review to go along with their science lessons. There are multiple videos and activities, such as a daytime/ nighttime tool, which gives students an interactive look at this subject. There is much more than student resources as well as the website includes parents and teachers too, however, I wanted to explore the options for student learning. I would assign my students one of these student activities during class to do on a tablet or school computer. 
  • As a teacher, it is absolutely essential to be proficient in internet searching, as online resources are critical to aid in successful lesson plans and teaching. Basic skills can be essential to give basic information to the students and to teach the students to internet searching on their own as well. Another useful internet search mechanism is that of advanced search, which can give additional and specific material for teaching and for everyday life. When searching for important books and documents, which can help with lesson plans, a library search database can prove very useful to show books that are not easily accessible through google and other common search engines. 

Comments

Popular Posts